This creamy sriracha pasta sauce is savory, spicy, and garlicky, uses just four key ingredients, is suitable for vegetarians, and is ready in under fifteen minutes.
I love Sriracha sauce so I’d been turning the idea of a pasta or noodle sauce based on it for a while. I tried other recipes but most of them called for really tiny amounts of Sriracha, so I decided to make this recipe all about that Sriracha goodness.
Low in carbs but full of flavor, it also makes a great keto sauce over shirataki noodles or zoodles. We’ve kept it simple here and let the tasty sauce shine through but feel free to toss in some cooked (or quick-cooking) vegetables, chickpeas, etc.
(While you’re here, click to subscribe and get a FREE copy of my ebook with five fan-favorite recipes!)
I’ve been loving it with lots of green veggies added, some snow peas, baby spinach, and chopped thin asparagus.
It goes great with any type of pasta, but my favorite is spaghetti so that’s what I’ve gone for here. Egg noodles and ramen noodles are also amazing when drenched with this sauce.
If you love spicy sauces you might want to check out my easy harissa pasta, this peri peri sauce recipe, or the best arrabbiata sauce recipe.
Ingredients and substitutions
As you can see from the image below, you just need four easy ingredients to make this Sriracha pasta.
- Pasta: Use whichever type you prefer. Personally I prefer spaghetti, tagliatelle or noodles.
- Feta: Don’t use any other type of cheese – low fat feta can be used, although it may not melt into the sauce as well as the full-fat version. I’ve successfully made a vegan version of this as well using my favorite vegan “feta”, Violife Greek style cheese – the only difference is that you can crumble regular feta with your hands, and with the vegan stuff it’s easier to use a fork to crumble it.
- Coconut milk: As with the feta you can swap out the full-fat version I use here for a lighter one. Do keep in mind taht reducing the fat content will also reduce the creaminess somewhat. And don’t worry, you can’t taste the coconut milk.
- Sriracha sauce: Use the original Huy Fong Sriracha for this recipe and accept no substitutions!
Mild, medium or hot?
The name “creamy Sriracha pasta” probably gives it away that this dish is supposed to be spicy. But we all have different spice tolerances, so here is a rough guide to the recommended amounts of Sriracha you should add depending on your individual spice tolerance.
|Spice Level||Sriracha Sauce|
How to make it
Creamy Sriracha pasta is so easy to make it practically makes itself. Cook your pasta of choice according to the package instructions, in well-salted water.
Add the Sriracha sauce and coconut milk to a non-stick pot big enough to fit the cooked pasta in later, whisk to combine (it should look like picture number one below), and heat on high until simmering (don’t allow it to boil). Crumble in two-thirds of the feta cheese (picture number two) and reduce the heat to medium-high.
Let the sauce bubble away for between ten to fifteen minutes until thick enough to your liking (I like mine at ten minutes, as in picture number three above). When you drain the pasta, reserve half a cup of pasta water in case you want to loosen the sauce later. Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sauce and toss until nicely coated (picture number four).
Sprinkle the remaining third of the feta cheese over, check if you want it a bit saucier (in that case add a little of the pasta water at a time until it has reached your desired consistency), grind some black pepper over it (optional) and serve.
As with most pasta dishes, Sriracha pasta will keep better if you store the sauce separately from the pasta. The sauce will keep for up to five days in the fridge, a little less if mixed with the pasta (four days). The sauce can also be frozen once cooked.
To reheat, add a tablespoon or two of water, cover tightly, and microwave on high for two-three minutes. Stir and add a little extra water if the sauce still needs to be loosened more. Do note that any feta which was sprinkled over will soften if heated in the microwave or on the stove.
Did you make this creamy Sriracha pasta? Let me know how much you loved it with a star rating in the recipe box, review, or comment below.
Take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@the_fiery_vegetarian) or connect with me on Facebook, I love seeing all your creations!
Creamy Sriracha Pasta
Creamy Sriracha pasta sauce loaded with spicy garlicky flavor, made with just 4 ingredients in fifteen minutes.
- 3.5 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 fl oz/400 ml)
- 7 ounces Feta cheese (200g)
- 11.5 ounces dried pasta of choice ( 325g)
- Freshly ground black pepper to serve (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, whisk the Sriracha sauce and coconut milk together in a medium-sized saucepan. Heat on high until at a lively simmer (but not boiling) then reduce heat to medium.
- Crumble in two-thirds of the feta and allow to cook for between ten to fifteen minutes or until it has thickened enough to coat the pasta.
- Drain the pasta when ready, reserving half a cup of cooking liquid, and add to pan with prepared sauce. toss well, adding a little of the pasta water if necessary to loosen the sauce.
- Crumble and sprinkle remaining feta over, optionally some freshly ground black pepper as well, and serve immediately.
This recipe yields a medium-spicy pasta - for a milder heat add just 1.5-2 tablespoons of Sriracha, and for very spicy add 5-6.
Amount Per Serving Calories 629Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 35gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 59mgSodium 1108mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 19g
the recipe says it’s spicy and garlicky but there’s no garlic in it? it also seems to get confused with another recipe because it calls it a harissa recipe instead of sriracha…
Hi Sara, Sriracha is a pretty simple moderately spicy sauce made from red jalapeño peppers and – you guessed it – garlic, a lot of it. Hence why this Sriracha pasta sauce is spicy and garlicky. My harissa pasta sauce is linked to several times on page as it’s a relevant recipe for other spicy pasta lovers, but is a completely different recipe, as you’ll see if you click on it. Have a nice day!