Bagels are so tasty, but sometimes it can be challenging coming up with vegan bagel toppings ideas. Luckily I’ve solved that problem for you!
In this post, you’ll find simple vegan bagel topping ideas, some recipes for more advanced put-together bagel sandwich ideas, and individual recommended recipes to make vegan toppings such as vegan cream cheese, hummus, etc.
In short, got a bagel and looking for a vegan meal? Then this post is your one-stop vegan bagel topping shop of ideas.
If you’re looking to find out which brands of bagels are vegan, see some vegan bagel bread recipes, and which stores or restaurants have vegan bagels for when you are out and about, then head on over to “Are bagels vegan?”.
Now, let’s get into the toppings. Click on the links below to get to your preferred place to be or just scroll on down for the full bagel-ly glory!
Simple savory topping ideas
Here we have some simple savory vegan bagel toppings ideas that you can put together in just a few minutes for a quick simple snack or light meal!
- Vegan cream cheese, avocado, tomato, and onion
- Smashed avocado and Tajín
- Vegan cream cheese and jalapeños,
- Hummus, tomato, and red onion
- Vegan ali-oli or vegan mayo with sliced tomatoes sprinkle lightly with salt
- Vegan cheddar and salsa (toast with the cheddar on and then top with salsa!)
- Vegan mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and vegan pesto
- A vegan “burger” bagel (use the bagel as a bun and sandwich a vegan burger, pickles, tomatoes, onions, and sauce of choice)
- Vegan egg salad
- Vegan pastrami, sauerkraut, and mustard
Simple sweet topping ideas
Best for plain or cinnamon sugar/cinnamon raisin bagels, these sweet vegan bagel toppings ideas come together quickly and are oh-so-satisfying!
- Berries and vegan hazelnut spread
- Vegan chocolate spread and sprinkles
- Peanut butter and jelly, an oldie but a goodie!
- Peanut butter, sliced banana, and cacao nibs
- Apple butter, vegan chocolate chips, and flaked almonds
- Tahini, sliced banana, cinnamon, and desiccated coconut
There are so many easy tasty vegan bagel toppings around, but unfortunately, as most vegans know, it can sometimes be difficult or prohibitively expensive to get hold of some of them, like vegan cream cheese for example.
Other times, products that should normally be vegan can also sometimes disappointingly contain non-vegan products like whey. So in this section, I’ve put together a ton of delicious recipes for some simple vegan bagel toppings.
Eat them alone spread on a toasted vegan bagel, or combine them with other toppings, add sliced fruit and vegetables or pickles, let your imagination run wild!
Vegan bagel sandwich recipes
If you still need a bit more vegan bagel topping inspiration feast your eyes on these beauties, featuring some ingenious combinations!
I hope you enjoyed this post on vegan bagel toppings! If you have any favorite recipes you think should be added or any suggestions, please do contact me using the contact section or leave a comment below and I’ll gladly update this resource!
Enjoy your bagels and your delicious vegan bagel toppings!